$40 - $55 an hour
WA 01 Electrician Journey Level License with 3 years of journey level experience. (Required)
Clover Park Technical College classroom, 4500 Steilacoom Blvd SW, Lakewood, WA 9849
Full Job Description
Shape the electricians of tomorrow!
Seeking a part-time Journeyman Electrician to teach supplemental instruction to electrical apprentices seeking general journey level electrician licensure (EL01). This position will teach classes based on the nationally recognized NCCER (National Center for Construction Education & Research) curriculum.
Duties and Tasks (Essential Functions)
Provide classroom and lab instruction utilizing a variety of teaching techniques to prepare students for journey-level certification as an electrician
- Teach curriculum as required to meet learning outcomes.
- Maintain and manage classroom environment, equipment, tools, and supplies.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of professionalism and mutual respect with students. Maintain a safe environment through instruction, policy and continuous evaluation of program equipment and laboratory space.
- Utilize online learning management system, CANVAS.
- Maintain accurate student progress records updated in a timely manner and assess and provide feedback on student learning.
- Submit student grades in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must be a currently licensed 01 Electrician in WA.
- Must have 3 years of journey-level experience.
- Availability to teach two nights/week in the evenings and occasional Saturdays for a minimum of 180 hours/year. Typical school year will be September through June.
- Candidate should be willing to take an adult education certification short-course in the first year to meet LNI requirements.
- Demonstrate basic computer skills and willing to learn the CANVAS online gradebook system.
- Strong organization skills to stay on top of class materials and keep apprentices and labs organized.